Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How Duck Fat Fries Made Me Skinnier

It's funny how things in life happen....how all the dots connect. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Duck Fat Fries, I would still be carrying lots of extra weight around.


Rewind a bit to earlier this year...


I'm at a restaurant near my house that is famous for its duck fat fries. Also there,  a friend-of-a-friend named Kris. We exchange hellos, pleasantries about the fries, of course, and it's then that I learn she is a blogger, too. A weight loss blogger.  By this point, I hadn't updated my diet blog in a while, but the nosey, sick, twisted side of me loves to follow other bloggers, especially those with some kind of real story to share, and hello, I can emphatize with few things MORE than fighting the scale.  I started stalking Simply Fabuloss.


Then Kris started Medifast....


I'd heard the Medifast ads on the radio, and like most diet commericials, the stories shared from people claiming to have lost a ton of weight in little to no time seemed, well, just too good to be true.


Then Kris lost 13 pounds in ONE week.


Then I signed up for Medifast. And I haven't ordered duck fat fries since...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about Medi-Fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! There's nothing like a friendship built on duck fat fries and dieting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kris is great and motivates me all the time! Good Luck and I am sure I will be reading about your successes too
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete